Florilegus lanierii (Guerin-Meneville)
SUBGENUS Florilegus (The bees of the World by Michener 2007)
9-11 mm long, with much yellowish hair.
- Hind tibia unmodified
- Hind femur convex beneaath
- Inner apical love of S7 broader than long, terminating in fringe of long hais
- Smaller forms with pale fascia (sometimes broken) on T2 and T3
- Scutellum more convex
- Hairs of maxilla and mentum simple,
- inconspicuous maginal cell longer tan distance from apex to wing tip
- scutellum less than 1/3 as long as scutum, convex
- first flagellar segment distinctly shorter than distance between posterior ocelli
- at least T3 with band of pale pubescence
Species description in “As especies do genero Florilegus Robertson, 1900 (Hymenoptera, Apoidea)” p. 253.
- Yellow and black pubescence
- scutellum normal, shorter than one third of the length of the mesocutum, not exceeding metanotum when viewed in profile.
- female scape is much longer than the first flagellar segment, generally with simple hairs on labio-maxillary complex.
- the males without modifications on the hind legs